Things to consider before buying a Carport
When custom metal buildings first came onto the market there were very few options of who to buy from and very few options of what to buy, other than a standard style unit. But as these buildings have become more popular and the versatility of the units have grown as well as the number of potential sellers. It has become more and more important for buyers to be discerning about their carport/metal garage purchase.
Check out your seller before you commit to a purchase
- Small-scale dealers do not have the purchasing power of the more established high volume dealers. It is very important as the bulk of the cost of your building comes from the cost of steel. Enquire about the warranty conditions and if possible go and see one of their installations. All of these steps will give you peace of mind that you are dealing with a company that is professionat that will provide the customer service you need at a reasonable cost.
Consider the preparation of the building site
- The land must be leveled before the construction of a metal building can begin and anchor bolts will have to be set in place in order to secure the building frame on the site.
Size of your carport or garage
- One of the potential pitfalls many customers fall into is to fail to plan for the future. It is important to consider the next 5 to 10 years when you decide on the size of your carport or garage because it can be very expensive and sometimes even impossible to change the dimensions of a unit after it is built. The garage is likely to remain long after you have changed your vehicle, so if you are planning to purchase a large pickup down the line, make sure your carport can accommodate that decision.
Shape of Carport or Garage
- The shape of your carport should also be carefully considered. The more intricate the design and the more corners and structural supports required, the more expensive the unit will be. Basically, the more metal you need, the more your unit will cost. Consider the simplest form of design that meets your needs as this will give you the best value for money in your purchase.
Building Code Requirements
- It is also worth exploring the building code requirements for your area before ordering your custom metal building. As it may be necessary for you to get plan approval for a metal structure. This needs to be identified upfront so that the necessary documentation can be provided and the plan approval obtained before the building is delivered to site. A delay in the plan approval may cause frustration once the building is ready for assembly
Carport1 has an extensive Carport Buying Guide that you can browse through at your leisure to review the available options that we offer for carports. You can review the designs of different units, the additional features available, the roof styles and even the colors to pick out a unit that meets your needs and appeals to your tastes. Our helpful client service representatives are also available to assist you with your decisions.
Metal Sheds : buying & maintenance tips
Carport1 gives you all the tips and tricks you need to know for the purchace and maintenance of a metal shed.Aug. 6, 2019, 5:44 a.m.
What type of carport is best?
Carport1 explains how different types of carports are better suited to different styles and needs. Which type is best f…June 11, 2019, 1:19 a.m.